If you wish to see all of your communication history in one place (calls, events, meetings, and even copies of emails you've sent) we have a solution for you!
The Teamgate system will allow you to attach copies of sent and received emails in the leads, companies, people and deals cards.
Note:The emails are sent, not from the Teamgate system, but from your usual email source (Gmail, Outlook, or Thunderbird).
After opening the lead/company/contact card, you will see the following:
1. How does it work?
The system is based on several conditions:
When sending an email to the recipient, his/her email address must be in Teamgate system (i.e., in company or people card);
Your email must be sent from the email account you use to log into your Teamgate account or you need to add the additional email address.
You have to set-up automatic email forwarding and BCC/CC within your email settings.
Teamgate do not attach emails sent between the Teamgate users.
If the email has files attached to it- it will be saved within the system as well.
Emails attach as following:
Leads- all email communication with the leads will attach in the lead card only.
People- communication history with a People will appear in:
Company card- if the company is added as associated contact;
Deal card- if the People is added as a buyer and there is only one active deal associated with particular People. In such instance when there are more than one active deal - the email will attach to the last active deal.
Companies- communication history with a Company will appear in:
Deal card- if the Company is added as a buyer to the deal and there is only one active deal associated with particular Company. In such instance when there are more than one active deal - the email will attach to the last active deal.
Deals- all the emails sent to the buyer's email address will attach to the deal card as well. If the buyer has several active deals associated with him- the emails will not attach to deal card. In such instance, emails may be sent/forwarded to the email address that is located in the deal card.
2. How to make it work?
First, you need to copy your Teamgate account email forwarding address by following these steps:
Click on the icon located on the top right > click My Profile > Integrations > Email integration:
1. In order to attach incoming emails- ask the person maintaining your email server to add a Teamgate forwarding address to each user's email so that your incoming emails are automatically attached to the lead/company/contact card.
2. In order to attach sent emails- ask the person maintaining your email server to add a Teamgate forwarding address to each user's email so that your sent emails are automatically attached to the lead/company/contact card.
3. What if email copies do not attach?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Please confirm whether the address added to CC is correct.
2. Determine whether you are sending an email from the same email address you log in with on your Teamgate account. If you are sending email from additional email account add this email to your profile as the additional email address. My profile > additional emails > save.
3. Is the client‘s email address in the system? Is it correct?
4. If you are searching for an email copy of the company card, check to determine whether there is a copy in the contact card.