1. How to connect Gmail with Teamgate for the first time?
1.1. Setup 2 step verification for Google account if you haven't before. (Recommended) Step by step guide here.
For personal Gmail accounts: If you do not want to set up2 step verification - enable access for the less secure apps on your Gmail account. Step by step guide here.
1.2. Turn on IMAP on your Gmail account. Step by step guide here.
1.3. Click on the Mail icon on the top navigation bar > click CONNECT YOUR EMAIL button. If there already are emails that are related to contacts (Smart Bcc feature was used) then these emails will be listed in the Mail section as well. In such instance click the gear icon on the top right corner and the system will redirect to My Profile settings.
1.4. Alternatively, navigate to My Profile > Email Settings > Email integration > select Gmail (G-Suit) or Gmail (free version).
1.3. In the subsequent step enter your email address and password of your business mailbox. When 2 step verification is enabled create a password as described here.
If the IMAP or SMTP settings don't match predefined settings - enter the one that matches your mailbox settings. To save the changes click SAVE.
2. Specify if you wish to sync the historical emails?
Note: this option is only available for the first email sync and later cannot be changed.
2.1. When the email is connected the system will initiate syncing all your emails. These preferences may be changed by selecting from which starting point to sync historical emails. If "now" will be selected - no historical emails will be synced with Teamgate, only the new emails. Available options are listed below:
- 1 month ago;
- 3 months ago;
- 6 months ago.
Note: Depending on the volume of the emails - the process could last up to a day or longer to sync all the historical emails.
3. Control which emails to sync: all emails or emails from certain folders only.
3.1. Every user may choose to sync all emails with Sales inbox or just from the specific folders or labels. The user may select as many labels as needed. These preferences may be changed later.
- All emails will be synced with Teamgate;
- Only emails with certain labels will be synced with Teamgate.
4. Choose how emails attach to active deals.
4.1. Every user may choose how emails should be attached to deals. By default - all the emails sent to the buyer's* email address will attach to the deal card as well (if there is only one active deal associated with a buyer). If the buyer has several active deals associated with it - the emails will not attach to deal card by default.
When the buyer has more than one deal associated, you may choose how to attach emails to deals:
- Do not assign - if the buyer has more than one active deal - emails will not be attached to any of that deal.
- Newest active deal - if the buyer has more than one active deal - all the emails will be attached to the newest deal created only.
- All active deals - if the buyer has more than one active deal - emails will be attached to all active deals.
* Buyer is a company or person to whom the deal is related to. If the buyer is person - emails sent/received to the email address added to the buyer's profile attaches to the active deal as well. When the deal is related to a company - emails received to the email address added to the company profile and emails sent/received to associated contacts attaches to active deal as well.
Note: these settings doesn't affect other users preferences.
For more information, please see this article: change the default logic how emails attach to active deals.
5. Select the default email sharing.
5.1. Every user may choose how the emails attached to Leads, People, Company or Deals will be shared and visible in the communication history. The email sharing status will be applied to all new emails only and will not affect the email sharing status of the existing emails. The status may be adjusted for every email individually. Available statuses are as follows:
- Share all my linked email conversations with others in my company - all the emails attached to Leads, People, Companies and Deals will be visible to other users;
- Keep all my conversations secret - other users will see the following information about the email: sender, receiver and date/time. The content of the email will be hidden.
- Keep all my conversations private - other users won't see any information about the email in the conversation history. Note: this setting may be restricted for particular user roles.
6. Choose if you wish to sync emails that are not related to contacts and deals.
6.1. By default, only emails that are related to Leads, People, Companies or Deals are synced. Emails are considered as related when the sender's or receiver's email address are entered to the contact card in Teamgate CRM. All the other emails are considered as not related. To enable unrelated email sync - move the slider to the right. If you wish historical emails to be synced - this action must be performed before connecting your inbox.
When the sync of unrelated emails is enabled before the sync - all unrelated emails will appear in the Mail section's tab "Unrelated". If the setting will be enabled after the sync is initiated - only the future emails will be synced to the Unrelated folder. Such emails will be only visible for the user who is the owner of those emails. Additionally, it will be allowed to easily create new contacts straight from this section.
6. Disconnecting email sync.
To disconnect the email sync navigate to My Profile > Email settings > click Disconnect
Note: it will be available to Reconnect the same email account after 3 days only. Before that time the re-connected account will not be syncing.
Note: Email communication between Teamgate account users - are not displayed in the Sales inbox.