Important: Teamgate Support does not provide technical support for configuring on-premise mail servers or third-party products. In the event of an Outlook issue, you should seek the support from Microsof Office. The settings in the example below are compatible if you are using Microsoft Exchange server along with Outlook and shows how to set the rule while using Outlook 2016 version. With another Outlook version, the settings might differ.
How to automatically cc / bcc Teamgate forwading address in Outlook?
If you wish to automatically attach sent email copies to Teamgate contacts cards and you are using Outlook email program- you need to set-up the email forwarding rule within the Outlook settings. Not all Outlook versions supports BCC rule!
You may find your email forwarding address in Teamgate by following these steps:
My Profile > Integrations > Email integration
1. Launch your Outlook 2013 or 2010, and make sure that you are in the mail section. Then click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
2. After selecting Manage Rules & Alerts option, the Rules and Alerts dialog will popup. Under E-mail Rules, click New Rule option.
3. In the Rules Wizard, click Apply rule on messages I send then click Next to continue.
4. Then another dialog pops up.
- (1.) In Step 1, check through the specified account box. In Step 2, please click on the word - specified.
- (2.) And then click the Account drop-down list to choose the account that you want to apply this rule. See screenshots:
5. After selecting the account, and click OK to return to the previous window, you will see the selected account showing in the Rules Wizard. Then click on Next button.
6. (1.) In this wizard, check Cc the message to people or public group box, and then click on people or public group in step 2.
(2.) In the Rule Address dialog box, double-click your cc recipient to add the address to the To-> text box, (If I want to cc myself, I will select or type my own email address in the To-> column.), finally click OK. See screenshots:
7. It returns to the previous window, and you can see the cc recipient address appearing. Then click Finish button. See screenshot:
8. Now, it returns to the very beginning dialog, click OK button, then the cc rule will be created. If you don’t want to enable the rule, uncheck it.
Then after sending or forwarding an email message to others with your specified account, your account or your specific cc recipient will always receive the same message.