How are duplicates recognized?
After importing data or simply working with the Teamgate system, duplicates of companies or people may arise in your database.
All duplicates are identified according to the following criteria:
- Identical company/person's name (identical means the same. For example if there are two companies, "Teamgate Ltd” and "Teamgate, Ltd" - they are not identical names and therefore not duplicates).
- Identical phone number -Identical email address.
- Identical company code.
- Identical VAT code.
If any one of these criteria is matched, the companies/people will be identified as duplicate records and the system will advise you to take action.
How to see the duplicates?
It is possible to see that companies or people's details overlap in the following ways:
- If you enter the name of the company that is a duplicate (in accordance with any of the criteria) while entering company details, the system will display the duplicate.
- In the companies/people list, you'll see various entries, next to which is the number of duplicates in a red background.
- In a joint list of companies/people, there is a method of filtering by duplicates. By clicking on the filter "Duplicates", the list will be filtered by overlapping businesses and will show only duplicate data.
How to delete duplicates?
There are several ways:
- Click on the numbers of the duplicated entries and select "Merge". This will leave only the company's entry to which you connect the duplication. All details, communication history, contact people will be connected to the main company.
- Click on the numbers of the duplicated entries and select "Not a duplicate”, if given entries are not duplicates. For example, if there are company branches with the same company code or if the correlating data is appropriate and neat.
- Select all and delete. Of course, we do not recommend this method, because data will be irretrievably lost.