Files are being exported to the standard CSV file format. You can open CSV file with Excel program using this instruction.
To export your contacts' list follow these steps:
1. Open your leads, companies or people section.
2. Mark all contacts that you want to export in the list. To narrow the list - use filtering.
3. Click the Export to > and Comma separated values (.csv)
Note: If you do not see the "Export to" button on top of the list- it means that you do not have the permission to perform this action. Contact your account administrator.
4. The exported file will be saved to your computer in a few seconds if you are exporting less than 500 records, if you are exporting more than 500 records it will last longer and the file will be sent to your email inbox.
5. You can find and download exported files from the settings. Navigate to Settings > Data migration > Export history.
2. Will the communication history be included in the exported file?
Export file includes all the information about the companies and people, except the communication history. The exported file doesn't include completed and upcoming activities, notes, email communication, meetings. See the example below:
Upcoming and completed custom activities, meetings and calls (All the events from the calendar) may be exported from the Organizer.
Files should be downloaded from the Files section.