The email sync is currently on BETA version and is not yet available for Teamgate users. If you would like to test this feature before the launch - please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every user of Teamgate who has the Mail feature enabled for their user role may connect one of their email accounts with Teamgate. When connected - the user will see all their incoming and outgoing emails in the Mail section of Teamgate. Additionality, this functionality allows sending and receiving emails straight in the CRM thus eliminating the need to use two applications and switching between them.
1. How to connect your email with Teamgate for the first time?
Note: before connecting your inbox make sure that access for the less secure apps is enabled in your inbox settings. See an example from the Yahoo settings. As well as, adjust all the settings according to your preferences.
1.1. Click on the Mail icon on the top navigation bar > click CONNECT YOUR EMAIL button. If there already are emails that are related to contacts (Smart Bcc feature was used) then these emails will be listed in the Mail section as well. In such instance click the gear icon on the top right corner and the system will redirect to My Profile settings.
1.2. Alternatively, navigate to My Profile > Email Settings > Email integration > enter the email address that you wish to connect (by default the email address that you use to login to Teamgate are entered) > and click CONNECT YOUR EMAIL button.
1.3. In the subsequent step enter your email address and password to your business mailbox. This will grant Nylas access your inbox.
2. Specify if you wish to sync the historical emails?
Note: this option is only available for the first email sync and later cannot be changed.
2.1. When the email is connected the system will initiate syncing all your emails. These preferences may be changed by selecting from which starting point to sync historical emails. If "now" will be selected - no historical emails will be synced with Teamgate Mail, only the new emails. Available options are listed below:
- 1 month ago;
- 3 months ago;
- 6 months ago.
Depending on the volume of the emails - the process could last up to a day to sync all the historical emails.
3. Control which emails to sync: all emails or emails from certain folders only.
3.1. Every user may choose to sync all emails to Teamgate Mailbox, or just from the specific folders or labels. The user may select as many labels as needed. These preferences may be changed later.
- All emails will be synced with Teamgate;
- Only emails with certain labels will be synced with Teamgate.
4. Choose how emails should attach to deals.
4.1. Every user may choose how emails should be attached to deals. By default - all the emails sent to the buyer's email address will attach to the deal card as well (if there is only one active deal associated with a buyer). If the buyer has several active deals associated with it - the emails will not attach to deal card.
When the buyer has more than one deal associated, you may choose how to attach emails to deals:
- Do not assign - if the buyer has more than one active deal - emails will not be attached to any of that deal.
- Newest active deal - if the buyer has more than one active deal - all the emails will be attached to the newest deal created only.
- All active deals - if the buyer has more than one active deal - emails will be attached to all active deals.
Note: these settings doesn't affect other users preferences.
For more information, please visit this article.
5. Select the default email sharing.
5.1. Every user may choose how the emails attached to Leads, People, Company or Deals will be shared and visible in the communication history. The email sharing status will be applied to all new emails only and will not affect the email sharing status of the existing emails. The status may be adjusted for every email individually. Available statuses are as follows:
- Share all my linked email conversations with others in my company - all the emails attached to Leads, People, Companies and Deals will be visible to other users;
- Keep all my conversations secret - other users will see the following information about the email: sender, receiver and date/time. The content of the email will be hidden.
- Keep all my conversations private - other users won't see any information about the email in the conversation history. Note: this setting may be restricted for particular user roles.
6. Choose if you wish to sync emails that are not related to contacts and deals.
6.1. By default, only emails that are related to Leads, People, Companies or Deals are synced. Emails are considered as related when the sender's or receiver's email address are entered to the contact card in Teamgate CRM. All the other emails are considered as not related. To enable unrelated email sync - move the slider to the right. If you wish historical emails to be synced - this action must be performed before connecting your inbox.
When the sync of unrelated emails is enabled before the sync - all unrelated emails will appear in the Mail section's tab "Unrelated". If the setting will be enabled after the sync is initiated - only the future emails will be synced to the Unrelated folder. Such emails will be only visible for the user who is the owner of those emails. Additionally, it will be allowed to easily create new contacts straight from this section.